Need more information? Consult our FAQ page!
- ✔ The PWNY workshops are open to everyone, amateurs or professional photographers, with no age/sex/nationality restrictions. Enrollment is open until each class fills. The maximum number of participants for each workshop is 12.
- ✔ Each workshop lasts 7 days. The workshops are theoretical and practical at the same time, including daily editing sessions in class and daily individual or group shooting sessions.
- ✔ The goal of each workshop is to lead every participant through the conception and production of a coherent body of work, which will be edited in a collective multimedia piece. Each participant’s project will be shown on this website after the workshop.
- ✔ A bibliography and filmography will be emailed to each participant before their arrival, in order to prepare for the workshop.
- ✔ Each workshop will include meetings and lectures with other photographers and professionals of the field from NYC (photo editor, curators, editors, etc.). Some of our past guests have been: Alex Webb, Rebecca Norris Webb, Diana Markosian, James Estrin, Ashley Gilbertson, Spencer Platt, Donna Ferrato, Ken Schles, Lina Pallotta, Gaia Light, Alessandro Cosmelli, Jake Price, Phil Toledano, Anastasia Taylor-Lind, Tom Roma, Adam Cohen.
- ✔ The workshops are be held in English. Good proficiency of the language is strongly recommended. Please, do not hesitate to ask us any information regarding this point (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- ✔ PWNY staff will be present during each workshop.
- ✔ Each workshop releases a certificate of participation at its end.
- ✔ To apply, please fill all the required fields the form at the bottom of this page, specifying the workshop of your interest. Leave us a message for any inquire or further information.
- ✔ Once you fill out the form, an advance payment is required to secure your place in the workshop. We will send all the information via e-mail.
- ✔ The workshop participation fee of €1.140 includes accommodation in double rooms for eight nights (check in the day before the start of the workshop / check out the day after its end) at the dormitory of the Pratt Institute campus in Brooklyn. The workshops will be held at the campus as well. Attention: availability of the double rooms is limited for each workshop!
- ✔ The workshop fee does not include travel costs or other expenses.
- ✔ The staff will guide enrolled participants in the process of finding good flights for New York.
- ✔ The VIII edition of PWNY continues the collaboration with Pratt Institute, one of the leading visual arts institution of the United States. The PWNY 2017 workshop will be held at the facilities of the beautiful campus of Clinton Hill, in Brooklyn, and our students will be hosted as well at the campus, in one of the students’ dormitories. Accommodation is provided in double rooms (same sex rooms) with a big common bathroom hall per corridor. Attention: availability of the double rooms is limited for each workshop!
- ✔ “Early Bird” Promo: the deadline to enroll in the 2017 workshops with a discounted fee is May 5, 2017.
- ✔ It is possible to participate in more than one workshop and obtain a discount on the admission fee: 10% discount on the following workshop’ fee if you enroll in 2 workshops, 20% discount on the following workshop’s fee if you enroll in 3 workshops.
- ✔ PWNY offers every year a series of scholarships to young talented photographers, to attend the workshop for free or with a half fee. The deadline for the scholarships of the 2017 edition is April 7, 2017.
- ✔ Find out how to apply for a scholarship here.
- ✔ Technical equipment (camera, extra accessories and laptop) must be provided by each participant. Please, let us know if you don’t have a laptop.
- ✔ Digital equipment is not obligatory, but it is recommended.
- ✔ Participants who wish to shoot with film will be able to do so, as long as they are aware of the times and costs necessary for the development of the film in laboratory, and of the costs relative to the scanning and digitizing of negatives. The staff will provide participants with a list of laboratories.
Need more information? Consult our FAQ page!
Please, fill all the required fields, select the name of the workshop you wish to attend (for information about each workshop, please visit the workshops section) and feel free to leave us a message with any question you may have or further information you may need.